Monday, November 26, 2007

FOR THE LOVE OF ART!




so I'm working on the designs for this indy book "The Tourist," and everything is going smoothly. On a whim, I decided to eMail a guy named Eric Canete just to tell him he was the shit. I have a link to his blog on this page, and you should really check it out. Well, Canete wrote me back, and he made me realize I had gotten away from the most important part of the process; having fun! My friend Greg Titus (who's page you should also check out. These guys can draw circles around me) has been saying the same thing to me for a while, and I think it finally clicked. I broke away from the standardized character designs and came up with the image you see here, in process. It's not quite finished, but I haven't posted anything in a while, because I've been all inspired and focused. So big ups to Greg Titus and Eric Canete for some truly salient inspiration.

No comments: